Bike Friendly Businesses
Whether you’re a cyclist looking to enjoy a bike friendly environment, or a local business aiming to achieve ‘Bike Friendly’ status, you’ve come to the right place.
Complementing Wollongong City Council’s long-term commitment to cycling and accreditation as a UCI Bike City, we’ve launched a ground-breaking program to recognise, service and celebrate our vibrant cycling scene.
So, get on board, grab a share of Australia’s $6.3 billion cycling industry and become an accredited Bike Friendly Business. With a few simple steps you can reap the benefits of fostering a cycle-friendly environment and supporting cycling in our city, including:
- Increased consumer traffic and sales
- Marketing support and listings
- Collaborative marketing opportunities
- Building your business’s ‘social capital’
Interested parties are expected to satisfy the online criteria and be willing to be inspected by DW and cycling representatives, in order to be considered for accreditation.
The Bike Friendly Business Program currently includes 4 streams:
- Venues (eg: cafes, restaurants, and attractions)
- Accommodation (eg: hotels, B&B’s, motels, and tourist parks)
- Retailers (eg: bike shops, sports shops, bike hire and servicing, and cycling tours)
- Employers (eg: those who support employees who wish to ride to work)
Click on the tile most relevant to your business and get underway by self-assessing your suitability against our simple online criteria.
For cyclists looking to support Bike Friendly Businesses – be it as part of a serious training ride, family outing, active holiday, trip planning, or social enterprise – here’s a list of those already on board.
Accredited Wollongong Bike Friendly Businesses:
- Wilsons Bike Hub Dapto
- Wilsons Bike Hub Warrawong
- Cycle Tours NSW
- Riding For Life
- Fornix Wheels
- Giant Wollongong
- Australian Cycle Tours
- Jules Fitness Coaching
- The Disability Trust