Just because it’s raining, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your weekend or days off. There are endless options of fun wet weather activities to do in Wollongong.
Fun for the whole family:
- Take the kids for a day of fun and learning at the Early Start Discovery Space.
- Science Space is an immersive science experience, check out different exhibitions and the planetarium show.
- Burn off some energy and challenge yourself rock climbing at Hangdog Climbing Gym.
- Battle it out over laser tag at Revolution Laser Arena.
- Put those skates on and practice your best balancing skills at Go Skating.
- Be amazed by the history of aviation at HARS Aviation Museum.
- If you have a need for speed, you’ll love C1 Speed Electric Indoor Karting.
Fun for the big kids (aka. adults):
- Have a drink and put those thinking caps on at Breakout Bar & Escape Rooms.
- It’s time to treat yourself at Wollongong Central, with over 200 stores you will not leave empty handed.
- The Australian Motorlife Museum showcases the history of the motor vehicle, displaying veteran and vintage cars.
- If you consider yourself a bit of a history buff – The Illawarra Museum is a must visit.
- Check out the art scene at Wollongong Art Gallery, Project Contemporary Artspace or Warren Keelan’s Gallery.
- Nan Tien Temple is the largest Buddhist temple in the southern hemisphere, wander the beautiful gardens or try a delicious vegetarian meal.
- Taste locally made beers at Resin Brewery or Five Barrel Brewing
- Catch a show at the Illawarra Performing Arts Theatre, WIN Entertainment Centre or Wollongong Conservatorium of Music.
In case you are overwhelmed with choice, we’ve prepared a trail below to make it easier to plan out your next rainy day.