Looking to escape reality? Swap the hustle and bustle for tranquil serenity in Wollongong, where the only choice you’ll have to make is, how long you want to stay for!
Situated in between the mountains and the sea, Wollongong (fact: which means sound of the sea in local Dharawal language) is home to stunning ocean views and the serenity of the Illawarra escarpment, you’ll feel like you’re hours away from the City!
Once you’ve settled in and enjoyed the view, experience Wollongong’s luxurious side with a romantic getaway or maybe a shopping day out? Plus, situated in and around Wollongong’s city retail hub: Wollongong Central, there’s a good range of small bars and restaurants around to plonk your significant other at while you enjoy window shopping! There’s also plenty of unique shopping spots scattered around the region, including in Thirroul.
Once you’ve had your shopping fix, relax and unwind at a gorgeous picnic lunch by the sea and at the end of the day instead of rushing back to normality, stay overnight at one of our luxury accommodation choices. What better way to treat yourself?
Because we want you to make the most of your Wollongong adventure, we’ve rounded up some local tips to help plan your day…psst! There’s a ‘share’ button at the bottom of this page if you need to give anyone any hints!
- Step into the city and explore the array of local shops and boutiques. Wollongong Central shopping precinct is situated in the heart of the city. Stay on trend with the leading brands and fashion – the choices here will be endless! Unlike my credit card…. whoops!
- Why not take your experience to the next level and enjoy Wollongong from above with a scenic joy flight with Touchdown Helicopters?
- Thinking of something a little more personalised, Picnic by the Sea has you covered for that more intimate experience. A catered romantic lunch in that perfect spot to relax or for a special occasion! You’ll be forgiven if you decide to curl up and have an afternoon siesta!
- Everyone loves a delicious cocktail; Breakout Bar is one to discover! Recently new to Wollongong, this place will leave you wanting more. Unwind with one or two or maybe even three of yummy cocktails, a good way to re charge your batteries at the end of the day!
- As day turns into night, stay at one of the regions premier accommodation facilities. Novotel Wollongong Northbeach is located on the water’s edge and just footsteps away from the beautiful iconic north beach. Headlands Austinmer Beach is also known for its stunning location and luxury feel. There is no better place to be than sleeping next to the waves of the sea, no alarm clock needed!
Although restrictions are slowly lifting, all visitors to our region are encouraged to maintain social distancing practices and stay home if you feel unwell. Although some food venues are opening back up for dine-in patrons, we would encourage you to check the status of the venue you were hoping to enjoy, prior to your visit. We’ve created a handy guide here.
NOTE: Please follow all State and Federal updates regarding dining out. Visitors are encouraged to head to their website for current restrictions.