Yes, you are! Keep the little (and big) kids entertained and put a halt to the dreaded “are we there yet?” question for your next road trip! Only a short drive from surrounding major cities, Wollongong is a hub of family-friendly activities that will get the whole family excited and won’t have the kids saying “I’m bored”!
Boasting 17 pristine beaches and the escapement that backdrops the city, with lots of adventure in between, you will be sure to find lots of fun things to do in no time.
Here’s our hot tips to make the most of your time in Wollongong:
- If its nature you’re after, Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures has you covered! Situated near the famous Minnamurra Rainforest, step away from the hustle and bustle and let the kids run free on the attraction’s Treetop Walk or for a heart-pumping thrill, try their Zipline Tour, which sees you soar high above the trees!
- Did someone say cute animals?! Home to some of Australia’s most Instagram famous animals (including Imogen the Koala), Symbio Wildlife Park is open and ready to welcome visitors! Meet Kangaroos, watch Koalas snooze the day away or enjoy keeper talks where kids can learn a thing or two about some of the animals who call Australia home.
- Thinking of something with a little more adventure? Hire a bike and soak up the atmospheres along the gorgeous coastline of Wollongong. South Coast Bike Hire offer a customised drop off and pick up service making it easy for you and the family. The bonus? The kids will be nice and tired after a long day of bike riding!
- What about dropping in on a mini-half pipe? 3Sixty Indoor Skate Park is purpose built for all ages and abilities – all you need to do is choose the type wheels you’d like to cruise around on (or hire them). Not riding? no worries! Sit back and relax at the cafe while the experienced staff supervise and teach the coolest new tricks!
- Wollongong is home to some amazing attractions, but our Great Outdoors is just as attractive! Head down to the beach, enjoy a stroll or try your hand at surfing. Illawarra Surfing Academy is the region’s premier learn to surf and coaching academy, with professional and friendly staff – you’ll be surfing like a pro in no time!
- For family-friendly lunch spots, nothing beats a hearty lunch with menu options to suit even the fussiest eaters! Collegians, Steelers Club, Shellharbour Club, Tradies just to name a few are now open with plenty of choices on offer. Think chicken parmigiana, chips or a delicious hamburger – if only we could eat our screens!
Although restrictions are slowly lifting, all visitors to our region are encouraged to maintain social distancing practices and stay home if you feel unwell. Although some attractions are opening back up. We would encourage you to check the status of the attraction you were hoping to enjoy, prior to your visit. We’ve created a handy guide here: https://www.visitwollongong.com.au/wollongong-operator-updates-covid-19/
NOTE: Please follow all State and Federal updates regarding dining out. Visitors are encouraged to head to their website for current restrictions.