Wollongong is bursting with kid-friendly options, offering something for everyone – from the beach to bush, indoors and out, thrilling or chilling. And we can’t wait to share them with you – come & play!
1 of NSW’s largest family-operated water park
NSW’s largest family-owned and operated water theme park Jamberoo Action Park, offers world-class rides and attractions in a natural setting. Experience The Perfect Storm, the incredible Funnel Web ride, or The Taipan, a high-intensity thrill. It’s… where you control the action!
Wollongong’s very own zoo at Symbio Wildlife Park
Home to Millie the Wombat and Imogen the cutest Koala, Symbio is a family-owned and operated zoo that allows you to get up close and personal to all the Australian animal favourites. And don’t forget to cool off in the Symbio Splash Park-one not to miss!
15 adventure outdoor kids activities
- Cycling – With over 42km of shared pathways, it’s the perfect way to explore Wollongong. Or customise a cycling tour with Cycle Tours NSW.
- Horse Riding – Choose from Otford Farm or Darkes Forest Riding Ranches, both offering a natural setting to enjoy a trail ride or a lesson for all abilities.
- Australian Surf Tours – Surf your life away along the Wollongong coastline, with an informative, fun, and safe learn to surf program.
- Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk & Treetop Adventure Nowra – Illawarra Fly is home to Australia’s highest Zipline Tour and with Treetop Adventure being Australia’s First Cliff Edge adventure park along the Shoalhaven River.
- Jervis Bay Wild & Dolphin Watch Jervis Bay – Explore the natural beauty & extraordinary wildlife of Jervis Bay and don’t forget the boom netting that the whole family can enjoy.
10 interactive indoor kids activities
- Science Space – Science Space is the only dedicated, immersive science experience in NSW. Experience the Planetarium, Science Shows, and special events.
- Early Start Discovery Space – Is Australia’s only dedicated children’s museum located at Wollongong University. It’s the ultimate learning-through-play environment.
- Hangdog – With over 140 different climbs on 40 ropes, offering a great range of climbs from easy to extremely challenging.
- 3Sixty Indoor Skate Park – A purpose-built indoor skate park for both riders and parents. Including a mini half-pipe, two street sections & much more!
1 of the largest Buddhist Temple’s in the Southern Hemisphere
Visit (or stay!) at Nan Tien Temple, a unique and unforgettable attraction only a short drive from Wollongong CBD. Experience the art, culture, and unique exhibitions set amongst splendid gardens and views of the escarpment.
See all our family-friendly activities here.