Beaches & Pools
Sun. Surf. Sand.
Wollongong's beaches have it all!
Perfectly nestled between the escarpment and the sea, Wollongong boasts the best that nature has to offer including a sublime coastline featuring 17 surf beaches patrolled from September to April. North Wollongong beach is even patrolled year-round making is easy to get that daily surf in.
Here's a list, from north to south, of our patrolled beaches that you can enjoy:
- Stanwell Park - access via Lower Coast Road
- Coalcliff - access via Lawrence Hargrave Drive
- Scarborough/Wombarra - access via Monash Street
- Coledale - access via Lawrence Hargrave Drive
- Austinmer - access via Lawrence Hargrave Drive
- Thirroul - access via The Esplanade
- Sandon Point - Access via Point Street
- Bulli - access via Farrell Road
- Woonona - access via Kurraba Road
- Bellambi - access via Morgan Place
- Corrimal - access via Lake Parade
- Towradgi - access via Murranar Road
- Fairy Meadow - access via Elliotts Road
- North Wollongong - access via Cliff Road - patrolled all year
- Wollongong City - access via Marine Drive
- Port Kembla - access via Olympic Boulevard
- Windang - access via Fern Street
Ocean Rock Pools
If you love the smell of the salty air but can't handle the sand in your pants, you'll love the rock pools that are sprinkled along Wollongong's coastline. They're also great if you're looking for a safe and relaxing swimming experience away from the surf breaks.
- Coalcliff - Lawrence Hargrave Drive
- Wombarra - Reef Road
- Coledale - Lawrence Hargrave Drive
- Austinmer - Lawrence Hargrave Drive
- Bulli - Farrell Road
- Woonona - Collins Point, Kurraba Road
- Bellambi - Morgan Place
- Towradgi - Towradgi Point, Towradgi Road
- Continental Pool, North Wollongong - Cliff Road
Please note: there is no lifeguard service provided at the rock pools.
Visit the Wollongong City Council website for a full list of public pools, their entry fees, and scheduled closures and more information.
other wollongong pools
You'll be left thinking life is bliss after you kick start your day with a refreshing few laps in a Wollongong Pool. Take your pick of freshwater chlorinated and salt water pools. Visit the Wollongong City Council website for a full list of public pools and their entry fees.
best wollongong surf breaks
- Sandon Point
- East Corrimal
- Wollongong City Beach
- Port Kembla Beach