Now’s the time to eat, play and stay in Wollongong because we’re rewarding YOU for supporting local business! Play It Forward is a brand-new initiative designed to support local businesses during these challenging times. Simply spend $50 at one participating venue to receive a $20 voucher to spend at another participating venue when you spend $50.
From sunning in the sand to hanging out 15,000 feet in the air, there’s plenty of ways to play in Wollongong, so get ready to Play It Forward!
Check out participating venues as well as the Terms & Conditions below.
Here is a list of venues where you can Play it Forward! Please note vouchers can be redeemed in person only – vouchers cannot be redeemed on online purchases or bookings.
- Altitude 1148
- Coldwater Creek Restaurant and Bar at the Sage Hotel Wollongong
- Culinarius Catering & Fine Foods
- Diggies – Wollongong location only
- Five Islands Hotel
- Headlands Austinmer Beach
- His Boy Elroy
- Lagoon Seafood Restaurant
- Levendi Fish & Chippery
- Outback Steakhouse – Wollongong location only
- The 19th at Wollongong Golf Club
- The Coffee Club – Wollongong location only
- The Fraternity Club
- The Illawarra Hotel
- Tradies Helensburgh
Please note: Bookings may be required, contact the operator for more information.
- Breakout Bar & Escape Rooms
- Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures
- Illawarra Surf Academy
- Illawarra Woodwork School
- Skydive Australia – Wollongong location only
- South Coast Sidecar Tours
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding Shellharbour
- Sydney Caravan & Campers
- Symbio Wildlife Park – can be redeemed on family passes only
- Trees Adventure Nowra Park
- Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong
- Mantra Wollongong
- Nova Kiama
- Novotel Wollongong Northbeach
- Quality Suites Pioneer Sands
- Sage Hotel Wollongong
- Wollongong Serviced Apartments
Terms & Conditions
- Play It Forward is an incentivised spending promotion, where consumers are encouraged to continue their local spend. When $50 is spent at one participating venue, a single $20 voucher is provided, to be redeemed at another participating venue when a minimum $50 basket value is achieved at the second venue.
- To be eligible to receive a single $20 voucher, a minimum value of $50 must be reached at the receiving venue.
- To be eligible to redeem the single $20 voucher, a minimum basket value of $50 must be reached at the redeeming venue.
- “Receiving Venue” is defined as the venue that provides the voucher, providing the minimum spending amounts are reached.
- “Redeeming Venue” is defined as the venue that applies the $20 discount to the total basket value, providing the minimum spending amounts are reached.
- Once you have received a $20 discount from a “redeeming venue” you do not receive another voucher as part of the same transaction.
- Vouchers cannot be taken as cash.
- Vouchers must be presented physically in person in order to be redeemed. They cannot be used or applied online.
- Only one (1) voucher will be provided per transaction, per customer, per venue.
- Voucher cannot be redeemed at receiving venue.
- Participating venues reserve the right to apply the discount on specific products or services. Destination Wollongong will endeavour to list specific voucher restraints for individual venues to the best of its ability.
- Vouchers must be redeemed within 14 days of receiving them. Dates the vouchers have been issued must be clearly written by the venue providing the voucher.
- A venue is defined as a “participating Wollongong businesses” who has agreed to be involved in the Play It Forward campaign on their own volition. Eligible venues can be found at www.visitwollongong.com.au/playitforward
- This program is partially funded by Destination Wollongong. Once the budget for this campaign is almost reached, all participating outlets will be notified and given due notice. Vouchers issued to that point will be honoured by participating outlets until the nominated date expires.
- Destination Wollongong can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org and 02 4228 0300
- This Trade Promotion has been approved by NSW Fair Trading. NSW Authority Number TP/00120