The Showgrounds at Dapto, are owned by the Dapto Agricultural and Horticultural (A&H) Society Ltd.
The first Agricultural and Horticultural Show, better known as the “Dapto Show” was held on 4th Feb 1857 on the grounds owned by local, Mr John Brown, near the Dapto Steam Flour Mills along Mullet Creek at Brownsville.
Due to the success of the first show the Dapto A&H Society was formally constituted, and remains in place to this day.
In the 20th century, Patrick Hill Osborne donated 10 acres of land to the Society which provided a permanent home. Further land donations by locals over the years were forthcoming and during the great depression, in an effort to establish regular income, a decision was made to conduct greyhound racing which commenced in 1937.
The Showgrounds, over the years has offered a valuable community asset in the heart of Dapto for over 100 years and the Society is committed to the ongoing delivery of the annual Dapto Show, sporting events, greyhound racing, functions, markets, and other entertainment events.
For information on venue hire, please click the links below.