Terms and Conditions - Wollongong Photo Taker Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY INTO “WOLLONGONG’S RESIDENT PHOTO-TAKER” COMPETITION
Competition: Wollongong’s Resident Photo-Taker Competition
The Promoter: Destination Wollongong
Entry is open to Australian residents only who:
• Are at least 16-years of age
• Have a valid email address, phone number and Instagram account
The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of The Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies who are directly associated with the conduct of this Competition are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
The competition begins at 6am (AEST) on Monday 8 July 2019.
Entries into the competition close at 11:59pm (AEST) on Sunday 4 August 2019.
Social media entry as per the below –
1. Share your Wollongong (and surrounds) photo on Instagram, tag @visitwollongong in the photo and use #wollongongphototaker in the post text.
2. Send a high-resolution (min. 2MB) file of your image to email@example.com.
Entrants must complete both steps 1 and 2 in order to provide an eligible and complete entry.
Maximum Number of Entries:
Eligible entrants may submit multiple entries within the Promotional Period.
All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights.
Marketing Use of Entered Images:
By submitting a photo in the competition, the entrant gives Destination Wollongong permission to use their photo (with credit) in its marketing channels including social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), website (www.visitwollongong.com.au), Visitor Guide and other collateral, irrespective of whether the entrant is deemed the winner.
This is a game of skill.
Two winners will be selected from all valid entries.
A panel selected by the Promoter will judge all valid entries and the winners will be announced on Thursday 8 August 2019 at 3pm at 93 Crown Street, Wollongong NSW 2500.
Winners will be assessed based on photo quality and relevance of photo content to the destination.
The two winners will be contacted via the Instagram account and email address used to submit their entry.
Winners will be announced on @visitwollongong Instagram on Thursday 15 August 2019 and listed on the Competition page on www.visitwollongong.com.au.
The winning photos from each entrant will be used in the Instagram post and the winner’s Instagram accounts will be tagged in the photo and post text.
Prize Claim Date and Time:
The winners must respond to the Destination Wollongong email notifying them of their success by 11:59pm Tuesday 13 August 2019.
Second Chance Draw and Notification:
Where a winner cannot be contacted by 9am Wednesday 14 August 2019, the Promoter or its nominated agent will select another winner from all valid entries. Second chance draw winners will be notified by the email and Instagram account used to enter.
Each winner will receive a paid $1,000 photo agreement with Destination Wollongong and recognition as one of two Wollongong Resident Photo-Takers.
The winning photographers will be credited appropriately in every use of their photos including tagged on social media, written credit on website use and printed credit on the inside cover of the 2020 Wollongong Visitor Guide.
In exchange for the $1,000 payment, winners will be required to provide an additional x10 photos over a 4-month period from August to December 2019. The nature of these photos (i.e. composition and location) are to be determined in a meeting with a Destination Wollongong representative and the winner.
All photos supplied under this contract are owned by Destination Wollongong and can be used to promote the destination across the Promoter’s channels. Images can also be shared with tourism stakeholders for use on their channels with the intent of promoting the destination. The photographer will receive credit in all uses of the image(s).
Total Prize Pool: $2,000 (inc. GST)
Contracts are classified as a “cash prize” and will be delivered to each winner via a bank transfer. Winners will need to provide their BSB, Account Number and Account Name to Destination Wollongong in order for the prize to be delivered. The transfer will take place once the winner has met with Destination Wollongong to agree the contract terms and photo deliverables.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition. The Promoter may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion.
2. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions above.
3. To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the process outlined in the Entry Details during the Competition Period. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
4. Entrants may enter the Competition as many times as they wish. Each entry must be submitted separately and meet the eligibility requirements.
5. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated Prize delivery address and proof of entry validity, in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be deemed invalid.
7. All valid entries are automatically entered into the Winner Selection process, which will take place at the times and dates set out in the Schedule, including any specified Second Chance Draw.
8. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification details in the Schedule.
10. All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Schedule and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition or in connection with taking up the Prizes.
12. Once Prizes have left the Prize Supplier’s premises, no responsibility is taken for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
13. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
14. If the Prize involves tickets to an event or travel, the Promoter is not responsible for any change in times or dates, cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize Winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
15. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
16. The Promoter will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury that results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the Winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the Prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance as needed.
17. Winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, incidentals, gratuities, services charges, optional extras, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, travel insurance is not included in the Prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
18. If a Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the avoidance of doubt, the Winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the Prize includes room charges only and no ancillary costs such as room service.
19. Travel arrangements to and from the Winner’s departure city airport do not form part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the Winner.
20. All travel will be subject to the general conditions of carriage. The Promoter and Prize Supplier make no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the responsibility of the Winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
21. Neither the Promoter nor the Prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond the Promoter and the Prize supplier's control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the Prize in accordance with the Prize description.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the Promoter’s opinion, includes objectionable content.
23. This Competition is a game of skill and chance will play no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon creative merit.
24. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
25. The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a Prize in this Competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
26. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
28. By entering the competition, entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fee and royalty free license to use, modify and reproduce credited images across the Promoters marketing channels.
29. Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
30. The Promoter may use entrants' names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. The Promoter may also be required to disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, co-promoter and to state and territory gaming departments to assist in conducting the Competition.
31. All details of the entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. Unless otherwise notified, the Promoter may use the entries and details of entrants for promotional and publicity purposes.
32. Entrants acknowledge this Competition is in no way associated with or sponsored or endorsed by Instagram and Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this Competition is not provided to Instagram or Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram or Facebook.