Destination Wollongong is a partnership organisation whose partners comprise of a combination of local tourism operators, restaurant operators, accommodation providers, local businesses and larger organisations based in Wollongong and surrounding areas.
The benefits of Destination Wollongong's Partnership Program are twofold and outlined below.
Our partners benefit as they are able to tap into the Destination Wollongong Partnership Program network of almost 200 local operators and businesses which meet quarterly to network and exchange information and ideas.
Our partners will also receive exposure across Destination Wollongong's various marketing platforms including a listing on this website, inclusion in the annual Visitor Guide and more (profile depends on level of partnership).
Opportunity to offer your products through our online booking service to make real-time bookings within our two Visitor Centres plus allow visitors to our websites to interactively search and book our region’s tourism products and services.
For more information on how our online booking service can support your business CLICK HERE
BENEFITS OF PARTNERING WITH DESTINATION WOLLONGONG
Destination Wollongong benefits by using the pool of funds generated as a result of the Partnership Program to market Wollongong to international and domestic tourists and potential business investors.
The collective investment by approx 200 partners enables us to undertake a range of marketing initiatives which helps drive the $1 billion dollars tourism generates from visitors each and every year. This collective approach also enables us to generate exposure for your business across multiple layers of marketing, media channels and distribution systems.
The recent National Visitor Survey for December 2017 was released with outstanding results for the South Coast. Visitation for the quarter was up by nearly 5% but most importantly visitor spend for domestic overnight visitors to the region was up by almost 14% a tremendous result.
The State Government has set the aspirational target of doubling the overnight visitor economy by 2020, and results such as these, put the South Coast at the forefront of achieving this goal.
The exciting future ahead and how you can be involved
2017/18 was an exciting year, highlights included:
• We welcomed 6 cruise ships into the region from September 2016 through to March 2018
• Our Social Media Networks continue to grow with our Facebook Fans now over 48,000, Twitter followers over 8,100 and Instagram with a following of 23,000
• Business Events – securing over $7.5 million in economic value to the region
• International Trade Missions included India, China and South East Asia
• Securing major events including the historic first ever Super League match outside of Europe between the Wigan Warriors and Hull F.C, the Federation Cup at WIN Entertainment Centre, Harley Days which returned with 1,000s of bikes roaring through the city and the inaugural Antique Motorcycle Club of America National Swap Meet at Bulli Showground. We also continued to develop events such as the Yours and Owls Music Festival, Ocean6 Nutri-Grain Series and Spiegeltent Wollongong.
With your ongoing support we can continue to grow tourism in our region and invite you to be part of our 2017/18 Partnership Program.
The FULL prospectus can be found here:Partnership Prospectus
questions? Contact us
If you would like to speak to a member of our team about partnering with Destination Wollongong for the first time, please contact us via email or phone (02) 4228 0300
If you are an existing member and would like to speak to a member of our team about renewal, or have any other questions, please contact us via email or phone (02) 4228 0300