Destination Wollongong is a partnership organisation whose partners comprise of a combination of local tourism operators, restaurant operators, accommodation providers, local businesses and larger organisations based in Wollongong and surrounding areas.
The benefits of Destination Wollongong's Partnership Program are twofold and outlined below.
Our partners benefit as they are able to tap into the Destination Wollongong Partnership Program network of almost 200 local operators and businesses which meet quarterly to network and exchange information and ideas.
Our partners will also receive exposure across Destination Wollongong's various marketing platforms including a listing on this website, inclusion in the annual Visitor Guide and more (profile depends on level of partnership).
The table below outlines the key benefits partners will receive at each level of partnership.
Key Partner Benefits
BENEFITS OF PARTNERING WITH DESTINATION WOLLONGONG
Destination Wollongong benefits by using the pool of funds generated as a result of the Partnership Program to market Wollongong to international and domestic tourists and potential business investors.
The collective investment by almost 200 partners enables us to undertake a range of marketing initiatives which helps drive the $1 billion dollars tourism generates from visitors each and every year. This collective approach also enables us to generate exposure for your business across multiple layers of marketing, media channels and distribution systems.
The National Visitor Surveys (NVS) have shown that the Illawarra sub-region has achieved growth in expenditure for both domestic and international visitation year on year, ending December 2015.
• Domestic day-trip travel increased by 17.2% with over 4 million visitors
• $372 million was spent by domestic day-trip visitors up by 10.2%
• International overnight visitors spent over 2.2 million nights in the region up by 76.6%
• $193 million was spent by international overnight visitors up by 122%
The exciting future ahead and how you can be involved
2016/17 was an exciting year, highlights included:
1. We welcomed 4 cruise ships into the region from September 2016 through to February 2017
2. Launch of the new Grand Pacific Drive marketing campaigns to promote the product available along the drive
3. Our Social Media Networks continue to grow with our Facebook Fans now over 42,000 and Twitter followers over 7,500 and finally Instagram with a following of over 19,500
4. Business Events – securing over $7.5 million in economic value to the region
5. International Trade Missions included India, China and South East Asia
6. Securing major events including Cross Fit Games, Yours & Owls Festival, Run Wollongong, MS Sydney to Gong, Beach Netball Festival, Australian Country Cricket and National Hockey Championships
With your ongoing support we can continue to grow tourism in our region and invite you to be part of our 2017/18 Partnership Program.
questions? Contact us
If you would like to speak to a member of our team about partnering with Destination Wollongong for the first time, please contact us via email or phone (02) 4228 0300
If you are an existing member and would like to speak to a member of our team about renewal, or have any other questions, please contact us via email or phone (02) 4228 0300